Monday, March 3, 2014

Who are you? What do you want to do? Where do you want to go? LEC Planning Unit: 4-18 March

Hello Advisory Fellows '17/'18!!! Happy new unit!

Introduction to the new unit...FutureCasting!
We’ll spend the next month exploring who we are, what we want to do, and where we want to go!  We will publish all of this information on individual websites, and, at the end of the unit, we’ll present all of this information to our parents, so that they have a good idea about our future plans!


Where we are going: 
Final product for FutureCasting (due by March 20th):
A Weebly website that includes the following:
1. A “Who Am I?” paragraph.
2. A Tagxedo version of the “Who am I?” paragraph
3. The “What I do” meme
4. The student’s SWOT analysis, complete with a minimum of 4 pictures and a one-paragraph explanation of the analysis.
(Final Product for Weebly site will also include career and college choices, your GPA, and general application information--this will be due by April 10th)

**************************
Tuesday, 4 March
Objective: I can create a Weebly site to host my final product.
  1. Go to www.weebly.com.
  2. Use your school email to create a login.
  3. Choose to create a site (NOT A BLOG!)
  4. Choose a theme.
  5. Create your URL and add it to the doc here!
  6. Begin exploring what you can do via weebly!

**************************
Wednesday, 5 March
Objective: I can answer the question "Who am I?"

  1. Take three minutes to tell me about your life in lists.
  2. Now, write a paragraph answering the question "Who am I?".
    • Type this in a google doc.
    • This does not need to be TPEQEA.
    • The more you write, the more helpful this unit will be.
    • This will be published on the internet! Make sure it is your best work!




***************************
Thursday, 6 March
Objective: I can create a tagxedo image based on my answer to "Who am I?"
  1. Copy and paste the paragraph you typed yesterday into www.tagxedo.com (or use wordle.net).
  2. Post your paragraph and word cloud on your weebly site!



***************************
Tuesday, 11 March
Objective: I can post my work on my Weebly site!
  1. Add your paragraph and Tagxedo word cloud to your weebly.
  2. Play around with weebly and show me when you figure out how to do something cool! I am just learning too! :-)
Have a wonderful spring break!!!!


***************************
Tuesday, 18 March
Objective: I can create the “what I do” meme and add it to my Weebly site.
  1. Create a “What I do” meme about yourself in MS Paint. OR try this site.
  2. Save it as a JPG.
  3. Then upload it to your Weebly site.  
  4. For ideas, look at the image below:




No comments:

Post a Comment