Saturday, November 15, 2014

How can beginning my college search now lead me to success? (Week 16) Week of 17-21 November

Happy Almost End of the Semester Advisory Fellows!!!
*****************************
Homework: SSSS email with college choice reflection
*****************************
Big Idea: Structures lead to student success
Essential Question: How can beginning my college search now lead me to success?
Objectives: I can...
...be a self-advocate.
...characterize the college I want to attend.
...determine what I need to do now to set myself up for the future I want.
...set and meet personal goals.
Performance Tasks:
1) Self-Advocacy Email
2) SSSS email with college choice reflection
*****************************
Tuesday, 18 November
College Search

1) Warm Up:
Purpose: Know when and how to get help
  1. Finish last last Wednesday’s work: Email yourself and I a list of when and how you should get help in classes. Focus on specific classes you think you may struggle with.
2) Begin your College Search:

  1. Log in to CFNC.org.
  2. Go to “Plan” > “For College” > “Explore Postsecondary Schools” > “School Exploration Tools” > “School Finder”. 
  3. Set the Key Facts to match what you are looking for. 
  4. Fill in the GPA and academic information based on your current information so you know what colleges you can realistically get into.

*****************************
Wednesday, 19 November
College Search and Selection
1) Finish your college search from yesterday.
2) Send me your SSSS email and include a reflection on your college search:
  • Did you find any of the results exciting or interesting?
  • Are there any limitations on your college options based on cost, grades, or family expectations?
  • What questions do you have about college?
  • Are there any changes you need to make now so you can have the options you want?
*****************************
Thursday, 20 November
PGP Day
1) Open up your PGP.
2) Pull up your grades in AVISO or Blackboard.
3) Choose a goal to work on for today and add it as a comment.
4) Work!
5) Evaluate your success in working toward your goal in a response to your comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment