Tuesday, August 30, 2016

What choices do successful students make? Week 5: 30 Aug-1 Sept

Hey Advisees!
*************************
Homework: Meet up with your buddy!
*************************
Big Idea: Relationships can support our goals
Essential Question: What choices do successful students make?
Objectives: I can...
...organize my time.
...model successful and unsuccessful student choices.
...revise my notes.
...set and meet personal goals.
*************************
Image result for successful college studentTuesday, 30 August
Successful College Student Skits


1) Warm Up: Set up for Success
  1. Fill in all upcoming assignments, club meetings, extracurriculars, etc in your planner.
  2. Note at least one brain break.
  3. Write me a note with a plus and delta from your year so far.
2) Successful College Student Skits

  1. Choose groups of three!
  2. Your number will respond to a scenario below. Create 2 brief skits: one with a positive outcome and one with a negative outcome.
    1. You need help with a paper you are writing for English 111.
    2. You were given a low grade on a homework assignment in Math 171.
    3. You don’t know how to do the lab in the online Bio 111 class.
    4. You were absent from History 131 and don’t know what you need to make up.
  3. Summarize what you will show in each skit.
  4. Practice and be ready to perform tomorrow in loud, proud, college voices.

3) Turn in your summaries.

**************************
Wednesday, 31 August
Successful College Student Skits - Preformed!

Image result for action1) Warm Up: Rate yourself for each of the following, 1 is "I really struggle with that/never do that", 4 is "I'm a pro at that". Highlight one of the items that you would like to change.
  1. I get to classes on time.
  2. I ask for help when I am confused.
  3. I take notes.
  4. I study for all classes.
  5. I keep a planner.
  6. I have talked to all of my teachers/professors outside of class.
  7. I check my emails.
  8. I respond to emails promptly.
2) Successful College Student Card Game
  1. Continue yesterday's card game.
  2. After the game, create a checklist for yourself for how you will be successful this year.
  3. Turn in your warm up list and checklist.
**************************
Thursday, 1 September
Successful Student Portfolio

Image result for quotes about success1) Warm Up: Look back at your planner and check off each item you have completed. *Star* items you must remember to do.

2) Get Set, GO!


  1. Finish one set of complete Cornell notes.
    1. Show chunks in your notes.
    2. Add a HOT question to each chunk of similar information.
    3. Write a summary.
    4. Highlight key terms.
  2. Complete any activities that you have started and not finished.
3) Record: Add any related artifacts to your Advisory Guide.

4) Reflect: Reflect in your log.

No comments:

Post a Comment