Monday, September 5, 2016

How can I manage my time to support my success? Week 7: 6-8 September

Hey Advisees!
*************************
Homework: Time management sheet due NEXT Thursday!
*************************
Big Idea: Structure supports success in college, careers, and life
Essential Question: How can I manage my time to support my success?
Objectives: I can...
...organize my time.
...collect time management strategies.
...set and meet personal goals.
*************************
Image result for time managementTuesday, 6 September
Time Management Intro


1) Warm Up: Set up for Success
  1. Fill in all upcoming assignments, club meetings, extracurriculars, etc in your planner.
  2. Note at least one brain break.
  3. Get a time management sheet to turn in NEXT Thursday!
2) Time Management Assessment Stations

  1. Station 1: Time Management Wheel
    1. List activities you take part in that relate to each wellness aspect in your life.
    2. Put dots showing how much time you spend on each part of your life.
    3. Connect the dots.
    4. List one area you would like to consider spending more or less time.
  2. Station 2: Prioritization Station
    1. Rank the cards in the order that you will tackle the tasks.
    2. Name at least 3 criteria you used to make your ranking choices.
  3. Station 3: How good is your time management?
    1. Complete the quiz here.
    2. Record your overall score and stars for each category.
    3. Name one resource from MindTools that sounds interesting to you.
3) Closing Task: Determine where to go tomorrow (Ms. Grello's room and then Ms. Sawyer's room).

**************************
Wednesday, 7 August
Time Management Stations Day 1

1) Warm Up: If you could only put three things on your To Do list today, what would you list and why?

Image result for time management2) How I Manage My Time + Q&A
  1. Why I have rules for myself
  2. My "rules":
    1. Plan my free time
    2. Stay busy
    3. Notice my productive procrastination trends
    4. Avoid time sinks when needed (ie, avoid multitasking/Netflix when I'm busy)
    5. Schedule frequent purposeful de-stress/not work related time
  3. Questions?
**************************
Thursday, 8 September
Image result for successSuccessful Student Portfolio
1) Warm Up: Look back at your planner and check off each item you have completed. *Star* items you must remember to do.

2) Get Set: Select an activity to complete today. Note this in your log.

3) GO! Complete the activity you chose for today.

4) Record: Add any related artifacts to your Advisory Guide.

5) Reflect: Reflect in your log.

No comments:

Post a Comment